Friday, December 19, 2008

Pop-Up Christmas





Each Christmas, I give my children a new Robert Sabuda or Matthew Reinhart pop-up book. We are starting to build quite a collection. If you haven't seen these, this website will give you a taste of the artistry and fun of these books. The website also has directions for making simple and not-so-simple pop-ups of your own. On Thursday in literature connection, I shared some of the Christmas pop-ups with my classes. Mrs. T was so intrigued that she joined me! We read The Night Before Christmas, A Winter's Tale, and The Twelve Days of Christmas (well we actually sang that one)! We showed the children how to make simple pop-ups as time allowed.

(Shhhhhh. . . parents, if you are looking for a good Christmas gift for your child, the students loved these! They kept asking me, "Where can I get one of those?")

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie Nolte Owen said...

I wrote Mr. Sabuda an e-mail before Christmas, and he e-mailed me right back! I told him about how we had used his books in our library.