Thursday, February 26, 2009

Underground Railroad Quilt





The literature connection project that third through sixth graders have been working on for several weeks will be on display on Friday, February 27th, at St. Therese's Black History Month Exhibition. We worked hard today to finish our quilt blocks incorporating symbols of our knowledge about the underground railroad. I hope our parents and other teachers will appreciate how each block is unique and offers the viewer a different window into history.

I found out today that students at St. Therese have a name for Mrs. Tarleton and me to describe our "team-teaching." We are "Mrs. Towen." I love it!

Also, I was honored to accompany Mrs. Misenar, the "art club," and St. Therese parents on a field trip to Brown's Fine Art and Framing in Fondren today. Here are my photos from the exciting, intimate, and engaging learning experience:



Posted by Picasa

No comments: